Loans from $250,000 to $6.25 Million
As part of the federal government’s new $65 billion Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP), Accord Small Business Finance and Export Development Canada (EDC) are partnering to provide small and medium-sized Canadian businesses with financing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
PROCESS FOR LOANS OF UP TO $6.25 MILLION
NOTE: If you require less than $250,000 please follow our expedited process – see our “AccordExpress” information page and application forms for faster service.
This program is designed for meeting your short-term liquidity/working capital requirements over the next 12 months to a maximum of $6.25 million, such as recurring operational expenses, due to cyclical cash flow. The program is designed to provide short-term capital to sustain operational cash flow, pay for inventory, and cover temporary slowdowns in sales and account receivable inflows. In certain circumstances, equipment required to transition your business into a COVID-compatible operations may also be included in your application amount.
Download our application form for a loan under the BCAP program. The application form includes all the instructions you will need to complete and submit the form. Please note to apply for the program your business must have been negatively affected by COVID-19.
- The application form includes all the instructions you need to apply (download above)
- The application form must be completed in full
- Each shareholder/owner must complete a Personal Financial Statement (download here). A link to download is also available on the application form
- You will be required to complete a BCAP pre-screening eligibility form. The application form includes a link to complete this.
USE OF FUNDS & ELIGIBILITY
- Funds must be used to support operational expenses such as payroll, overhead expenses, and existing debt servicing/loan payments
- Funds cannot be used to refinance in full or in part any existing loans. Funds can only be used for existing scheduled debt servicing payments
- Funds may be used for capital expenditures IF the capital expenditures are necessary to adjust your business operations to operating in the COVID-19 environment
- Funds MAY NOT be used to refinance existing debt, pay management bonuses, make distributions to shareholders (eg. repay shareholder loans), or to make dividend payments to shareholders
- Funds MAY be used to build inventories to prevent potential supply chain interruptions due to COVID
- Funds MAY be used to help manage the effects of reduced sales and slow paying customers (finance accounts receivable) due to COVID-19
- Other conditions apply – for full details see the application form and the links contained therein.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- We will require financial information including your last 3 years of accountant-prepared financial statements.
- On receipt of your application form and your financial statements WE WILL CALL YOU FOR A CLIENT INTAKE INTERVIEW. The purpose of the interview is to ensure we understand all information on your application, the effect of COVID-19 on your business, and how the requested loan amount will help your business. This call will also provide you with the opportunity to ask questions of us.
- When sending us financial or other information – please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will ensure that the information is quickly added to your file and that the credit manager monitoring your file is informed of receipt of same.
Schedule A Call-Back
You can speak directly to one of our decision-makers by scheduling a call-back today
Live Chat Support
Talk to us online every Monday – Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM PST
Send your questions to email@example.com