BCAP ELIGIBILITY CHECKLIST
- Your business is located in Canada
- Your business has been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Your business have been registered and established on or before March 1, 2020
- Your business is presently operating, even if in a temporarily reduced capacity
- You believe that your business and each shareholder has an average or better credit profile
- All shareholders are willing to personally guarantee the loan
- You have a business-only bank account
- All shareholders have their own unique e-mail address and a mobile telephone number (required to electronically sign documents)
- Up to $250,000 is sufficient for your working capital needs to adjust your business to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
- You’re willing to complete a BCAP program eligibility form. This form must be completed on-line at the EDC (Export Development Canada) website and takes about 15 minutes to complete. It can be completed either prior to or after submitting your application to Accord.
Your business is NOT any of the following:
- A government organization or body or an entity wholly owned by a government organization or body;
- A non-profit organization, registered charity, union, or a fraternal benefit society or order, or an entity owned by such an organization unless the entity is actively carrying on a business in Canada (including a related business in the case of a registered charity) that earns revenue from the regular supply of property, goods, or services;
- An entity owned by any Federal Member of Parliament or Senator; and
- An entity that promotes violence, incites hatred, or discriminates on the basis of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or mental or physical disability, contrary to applicable laws.